Sunday 22 February 2009

Walk in Beddgelert

North Wales has had suprisingly mild and often sunny weather over half term I was walking in Beddgelert yesterday pushing my new grand daughter in her pram and I can highly recommend the river side walk in Beddgelert. There is an even pathway which is ideal for prams, elderly and disabled walkers around the river with seats to enjoy the view. The more athletic can enjoy a longer walk along the river and gorge. Soon the Welsh Highland Railway will be going along this route which will be one of North Wales's big new attractions. Polly and I hope to go on it when it opens taking a picnic hamper with us - not a big hamper or Polly will be looking at that rather than the view!
Joke - My eldest grand daughter Rachel was asked by her other grandmother 'What does Ann do these days? 'She works for Quality Cottages' 'What Quality Sausages'
Leonard Rees will groan at this joke as he has heard it so many times but some of you might find it amusing!

Ann Jones, Harlech

2 comments:

  1. Yes I am looking forward to the train journey, all those fantastic views of our beautiful country from the gleaming new carriage and all the lovely bits and bobs in the hamper....like smoked salmon appetisers,roast chicken drumsticks,crab mousse,goats cheese frittatas,smoked trout rolls,mini quiche or perhaps just the 100 piece party selection? I will bring the champagne and 2 plastic cups.Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual it is me who has to provide all this????

    L.Rees

    ReplyDelete